Welcome to the website for the Gambling Related Harm All Party Parliamentary Group
Losses on FOBTs since 24 October 2016
Stop the losses. Reduce the stake on FOBTs to £2 now.
*Calculated using Gambling Commission figures April 2014 to March 2017
** This estimate is based on losses over a 24 hour period. On average bookmakers are open for 12 hours a day (except for Sundays when they are open for on average 7 hours), on this basis, during shop opening hours, losses would be higher at around £115.14 every second, £6,908.4 every minute and £414,504 an hour.
Our asks of the gambling industry in light of the Covid-19 crisis:
- Commit to implement deposit limits for the duration of the crisis.
- Implement a £2 stake per spin limit on slot content online to reduce the harm that this highly dangerous content can have.
- End VIP accounts, which encourage high levels of expenditure.
- End all gambling advertising and sign up offers for bonuses.
- Make data available to ensure independent research can be undertaken to assess the scale of harm being caused by the industry and the need for further harm prevention measures
Committee 2020 –
Chair – Carolyn Harris MP
Vice Chair – Ronnie Cowan MP
Vice Chair – Rt Hon. The Lord Foster of Bath
Vice Chair – Rt Hon. Sir Iain Duncan Smith MP
Vice Chair – Sir Mark Hendrick MP
Vice Chair – Stuart McDonald MP
Vice Chair – Sammy Wilson MP
Vice Chair – Rt Hon. Sir Mike Penning MP
Treasurer – Rt Hon. Stephen Timms MP
Secretary – Gerald Jones MP
For further information, please contact the group Secretariat
T: 0207 592 3800